Thursday, January 23, 2014

Observation 3.1

Week of Jan 12 - Jan 18 (1 hr)
I went out to stargaze on Saturday night; it was chilly, but the skies were clear and there weren't any clouds, bright lights, or other obstructions around me. Jupiter was clearly the brightest object in the sky besides the moon. I spotted Orion by finding the three stars that make up Orion's belt. Within the constellation, I found the contrasting stars of Betelgeuse and Rigel. The constellation of Taurus was in the middle of the sky and its brightest star, Aldebaran, could be clearly seen. I could also observe the constellations of Cassiopeia, Cepheus, Pegasus, Andromeda, and Aries. Because the sky was dark enough and I stayed outside for quite some time, I also spotted a total of three shooting stars, but I did not see any satellites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment